Let’s look at ways to protect you against coronavirus in some unconventional ways.
Recently I traveled to Florida, I realized for the first time how bad this coronavirus was affecting our society. Not only does your mentality change when your in a public place like an airport, you really start to get a little bit scared of the what-ifs. Below I want to let you in on some secret tactics you can use to boost your immune system against the coronavirus (COVID-19)
Im always looking for ways to hack my health and boost my overall performance with cutting edge supplements like COQ10 and lifestyle changes. All of the strategies below are not revied by the FDA, but I feel they will help you.
*Disclaimer: I am not a doctor and this information should not be interpreted as medical advice. This blog services for knowledge purposes only. Feel free to comment on your thoughts below and become apart of healthopsy conversations.
A quick recap of what the heck is COVID-19
What is coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19)? Coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) is a respiratory illness that can spread from person to person. The virus that causes COVID-19 is a novel coronavirus that was first identified during
an investigation into an outbreak in Wuhan, China.
Can people in the U.S. get COVID-19?
Yes. COVID-19 is spreading from person to person in parts of the United States. The risk of infection with COVID-19 is higher for people who are close contacts of someone known to have COVID-19, for example, healthcare workers, or household members. Other people at higher risk for infection are those who live in or have recently been in an area with an ongoing spread of COVID-19.
Immune Boosting Tips #1
We all can use a bit more immune-boosting strategies today right? Well the shortest way to achieve a better, stronger immune system is to use supplements. Naturopathic medicine has found ways to incorporate herbs and supplements to boost all things in the body. I personally love ND doctors and think highly of them. So let’s break this down into 3 parts below.
- Taking Vitamin C can really assist in regulating the immune system and also reducing the antioxidant load in the system as well.
- One of the most deficient serum levels of many Americans is Vitamin D and you should have your levels checked before supplementing. But this supplement actually help balance out a lot of things in the body like your hormones and inflammation.
- Another important supplement is magnesium and many people are deficient. Did you know that this element has its hands in over 300 enzymatic reactions in the body? So if your low in magnesium your body is not performing at its best. Check out my VIDEO HERE.
I know when you think of herbs you think well aren’t I supposed to put them over my salad? No these types of herbs can work magic in the body and for thousands of years, we have used them to help us treat ailments. Below I have listed some amazing herbs to help you boost your immune system.
- AHCC In alternative medicine, AHCC is said to stimulate the immune system and increase your defense against viral infections, including the flu and the common cold. Adding these magic mushrooms could help your immune system get the boost it needs.
- Echinacea and Goldenseal are my favorites when it comes to cold and flu season. These two herbs tackle the common cold and cough in one capsule. There are numerous studies showing both of these herbs’ effectiveness during flu season.
- Andrographis is a plant that is native to South Asian countries such as India and Sri Lanka. The leaf and underground stem are used to make medicine. Andrographis is frequently used for preventing and treating the common cold and flu (influenza).
- Astragalus is believed to prolong life and used to treat a wide variety of ailments, such as fatigue, allergies and the common cold. It’s also used against heart disease, diabetes, and other conditions.
- Oil Of Oregano is a powerful natural antimicrobial/antibiotic that will clean your system out of all those seasonal bugs. It doesn’t assist in flu prevention but will assist in lowering your overall toxic load.
Ultimate Immune Boost With Supplements
So I would take all of the above-mentioned supplements and herbs with the addition of these few items that will assist in clearing your immune system. I would also add liposomal glutathione to the mix because it is your bodies master antioxidant and can really help your immune system. Also added activated charcoal at night to bind to any toxins your body may pick up during the day can be a good idea too. Final colloidal silver has been shown time and time again to be a fantastic antimicrobial. It has shown to assist lyme suffers to lower their toxic burden and stimulate immune homeostasis. If you are looking to further boost your immune system check out the peptides below
Immune Boosting Tip #2
I fully believe that peptides are the future of health and wellness. These amino acids can signal the body to do amazing things. There are two specific peptides I want to talk about here. These two peptides will assist your body in immune function.
Thymosin Alpha 1
This particular peptide is in the Thymosin family and is an excellent immune modulator. Thymosin is a peptide, or small protein, produced naturally by the thymus gland. It is one of several polypeptide hormones secreted by the thymus that controls the maturation of T-cells, which actively participates in the immune response. The thymus is a critical part of your immune system, where individual T-cells are tailored to respond to the millions of bacteria, fungi, or viruses that could invade your body. It is most often given for chronic viral diseases, but has also been shown to increase innate immunity factors and help fight against harmful autoimmune processes. It is given to help control inflammation associated with chronic diseases, which can cause excess fatigue.
Doses range from 300-600mcg per day for 6 weeks. This is a subcutaneous injection.
I get my peptides HERE
LL-37 is an anti-microbial peptide. It has been shown to have antimicrobial activity against multiple Gram-positive and Gram-negative human pathogens. Antimicrobial peptides (AMPs) have the potential to serve as an alternative to antibiotics. It’s simple, AMPs kill the microbial pathogens (the bugs). AMPs can possibly regulate bacteria/virus invasion and may control infection.
Doses are 150mcg per day for 6 weeks. Please check out HERE to get LL37
Immune Boosting Tip #3
I can not say it loud enough, be smart out there. Minimize your exposure to this virus by cleaning your workspace with cleaner approved to kill germs before and after you are there. Also make sure you are washing your hands every time you touch something outside of your “Clean Zone”. Wash your hands with SOAP for at least 20 seconds or sing happy birthday to yourself to keep time.
Also when you come home use alcohol to wipe your hands or hand sanitizer so that you do not bring germs into your sanctuary. Moreover please use approved sanitizer with at least 70% alcohol to kill germs and viruses.
Also a good tip is to minimize public gatherings and maker sure if you go try and wear a mask *N95 or N99 which could assist to combat the virus for contact withing 6 feet.
Also if you are looking for ways to get your hands on sanitizer try pet stores, or make your own with alcohol and vegetable glycerin.
Keep safe out there and I hope you all will be safe from this virus.