Gluten Free Blueberry Muffin Recipe
I made this with just white rice flour and a little magic!
If you are looking for the best gluten free blueberry muffin recipe that is both yummy and better for your health, than you are going to want to try making these muffins today. The recipe is effortless and only requires a few ingredients.
First, to make these gluten free blueberry muffins you may need some key ingredients to make these muffins. Some key ingredients are listed below.
Trehalose *Sugar free substitute
Monk Fruit *Sugar free substitute
These ingredients will help make the recipe gluten free and sugar free if you so chose to do so. I, personally, use Trehalose in my recipe because monk fruit has a funky aftertaste. You can always use sugar but know that these taste the same with the Trehalose in my opinion.
What about the eggs in these gluten free muffins?
I, personally, can tolerate eggs, however for many they can not. That is okay and there are ways around this like making a flax egg or using an egg replacer.
To make these gluten free blueberry white rice flour muffins you will need either eggs, egg replacer, flax egg or aguafaba.
Do I need to butter these gluten free muffins?
Yes, you will need butter, ghee or vegan butter. This will keep the white rice flour moist and your muffins will come out perfect every time. I, personally, use ghee in mine and for me, it works, but your choice will depend on what diet you have.
Please follow the recipe below and let me know what you think of these gluten free blueberry muffins made from white rice flour by commenting below and sharing a photo of your muffins.
Also, if you follow a gluten-free diet, please be sure to check out my pie crust recipe here.
Gluten Free Blueberry Rice Flour Muffins
- 1 Cup White rice flour
- 1/4 Cup Potato starch or corn startch
- 1/4 TSP Guar Gum or xanthum gum
- 1/2 TSP Baking powder
- 1/4 TSP Baking soda
- 1/8 Pink salt
- 1/4 Cup Sugar
- 2 TBSP Trehalose or 1/4 TSP monk fruit if sugar-free
- 4 TBSP Ghee (Vegan alternative is fine too)
- 2 Eggs (Flax Egg or Aquafaba if Vegan)
- 1/4 Cup of plant milk
- 4-6 OZ whole fresh blueberries
- 1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees, and line or grease a muffin tin and set aside.
- 2.In a large bowl, place the rice flour, starch, guar gum, baking powder, baking soda, salt and sugar and whisk for 2-5 mintues. Be sure to break up all clumps.
- 3. Add eggs, melted butter and plant milk to the dry ingredients and mix with a spoon for 5-10 minutes until the batter is golden and whipped.
- 4.Add blueberries to the mix and stir with a spoon.
- 5. Divide the batter among the prepared wells in the muffin tin. Fill each almost to the top. You can now spread some sugar on top if you would like.
- 6. Place the tin in the center of the oven and bake for 25-30 minutes until the muffins are golden on the top. You can also check the muffins with a tooth pick and make sure no batter comes up after pulling the tooth pick into and out of the cooked muffin, if batter is present continue to cook.
- 7. Let the muffins cool after done for 10 minutes and enjoy with your favorite jam or butter.