IM A FLAX-AHOLIC
What is not to love about this low oxalate seed that is packed with nutrients.s Ground flaxseed is best for most people, as whole flaxseeds are harder to digest. One tablespoon of ground flaxseed has 37 calories and provides nearly 2 grams of fiber. Flaxseeds are also one of the richest plant sources of omega-3 fatty acids—there are 2.35 grams of alpha-linolenic acid (ALA) in 1 tablespoon of whole flaxseed. So if you are vegan this recipe is a must.
All you need is just a few things and you’re making flax milk. I will list what you need below to make this easy flax milk recipe.
Here are some links to what you will need. I suggest Amazon because they have everything and its free 2 day shipping if you have prime.
GUAR GUM *OPTIONAL FOR THICKER TEXTURE
Easy Low Oxalate Flax Milk Recipe
- Measuring cup dry
- Measuring cup wet
- Measuring spoons
- Nut Milk Bag
- 4.5 cups Filtered water
- 1/3 cup Flax seeds
- 1/8 tsp Monk Fruit
- 1 tbsp Guar Gum *Optional
- 2 tbsp Carob Powder *Optional if you want choclate milk
- Place 3 cups of water in the blender
- add 1/3 cup of flax seed
- Blend on high until flax seeds are fine and the milk is white
- Take nut milk bag in a bowl and pour the blended flax milk to the bag and strain all water from the bag
- Pour the strained milk back into the blender
- Add the remaining water, sweetener and optional ingrediants to the milk
- Blend for two minutes then pour into a glass jar and chill to serve